Monday 7 July 2014

COSFEST'14 DAY 1!

Finally cosplaying after a long hiatus! And i haven't been updating my blog since my Japan trip AHHHH. Time to revive it ! 8D

DAY 1

DAY 1!! ( The most anticipated because i have a Magi team!! ) . Cosplayed Judal with my lovely team-mates Rei, Emily, Junko and Yuukiko.
Cosplaying as Judal has never crossed my mind, mainly because my face is too chubby and I JUST DON'T DARE TO DO SO. LOLOL. 
But the long hiatus had me realized that i shouldn't care too much about other people's opinions and do whatever the fuck i desire(within limit of course HAHA). SO YEP, FIRST CHALLENGE LOLOL.

It took me some courage to tell my team mates that i want JUDAL(the priest version that Ohtaka-sensei drew and posted it on her websunday)!!! because they kind of expected me to do Kougyoku 8') I never really dared to cos guys because most of the time i look extremely girly T_T So touched that my team mates were accepting and gave me a chance !! Thank you guys!! /hugs/

Also thank you dear Emily and Rei for hanging out with me at Chinatown almost every weekend.
Talking to you guys gave me the confidence to cos Judal TT____TT
I wish we get to hang out more! Let's plan more Kou Empire cosplans! haha!!



Deciding on the colour scheme for Judal's costume took me some time as Ohtaka didn't provide a colour scheme for it. So yay it's up to me to decide!! *unleash imaginary power*
I had to reference it to a few other Judal cosplayers(same version) to get inspiration for the colour schemes. 
Some were really nice! But i wanted to come up with something of my own so i decided on Coffee Brown as the base, and light gold for the waist sash! 
Thank you Emily and Rei for their opinions and emotional support as well! T_T /sniffs/


Completed! Took me like 2 months with endless procrastination. Haha!
Glad i completed the costume before the event because i need to study for my common tests which is on the same week as the event! *oh the dread* 
I kept running out of lace and had to travel to town countless times to buy. Damn
Also, don't underestimate the power of lace! They bling up your costumes like magic girls.


After my major exams last year, i promised myself to put in more effort in my studies and hobby, so im pretty proud of this costume even though it could be better. 
(/whispers/aimingtoreachcvyandlennethstandard)
I really admire their dedication and effort in making each costume. It makes me feel that i could do even better!! 

One hour wig styling. hahah!!
Also one day im going to give this head an Izaya makeover. JUST YOU WAIT.

I LOVE OREO PEPERO!!
So on the day i was discussing with my team mates on what material i should make the gem with( and because resin cast COST A BOMB), i saw the godly gem in a handicraft shop. 
It was originally a curtain deco.( IM SO LUCKY LOL ) 
<< the pic on the left is not the final, i didn't take a photo of the final product! ( too lazy to when i was typing out this post as well HAHAH )

ONWARDS TO THE EVENTTT!!!!

Polaroids! The best moments during the event. 
What's left of our image is crushed during the production of these polaroids. 
People were walking past us and we're just like NAHHHH IMAGE ARE FOR ASSHOLES. WE BELONG TO THE OTHER HOLES--- jk

It's Junko as Hakuei, Emily as Hakuryuu, Yuukiko as Kougyoku and Rei and Koumei!
During the event we spotted a Kouha and requested her to join us as well!! Her name is Kaede! and younger than me. Oh gosh. This came as a surprise because all the people i met are older than me. LOL.
YAY KOU FAMILY!! 

W/ Rei! Toilet lighting are the best when you want to filter your photos. 
Alas, I didn't get to camwhore a lot with people on that day. :( So inconvenienced and didn't get to mingle around much because of my wig. Argh. 
Im going to make another balls of pubic hair walnut for shoot!


Yep. We had to do this. 

Proper Event photo! T_T /cries a pool of tears/
Photo credits to William Tjhin! :D

I swear we have xxxxx problems with our height HAHAHAHAH.
Now here's a problem for you. FIND X, GIVEN Y IS 1000! 
JK HAHAHHAHA.

Also my balls of hair looks so short here 8'D.. ( i let them hang on my shoulders because they're too heavy, so some of the balls are at the back HAHAHA )

Im really happy with this team. All these while i have only had at most 3-person team ( Thanks to my dearest Melisa as Morgiana and Jorine as Aladdin ) , so im glad to be able to gather all my magi-loving friends and cos Kou Empire!

YES I DEPOSITED ALL MY FEELS INTO KOU EMPIRE AND I DON'T THINK IM GOING TO WITHDRAW MY FEELS ANYTIME SOON. 

LOOKING FORWARD TO SHOOT!!

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment